Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9434) Patch: Option levels

To: akaquinn@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9434) Patch: Option levels
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:04:22 -0700

I don't understand why this patch does not use the same categories as the
client. This is sure going to be confusing for users, who would naturally
expect some consistency here.

Also, I am not sure this is really necessary. Yes, the number of server
options is too big and not easily seen (and we might want to move some
into rulesets or just waste some), we should rather make the client
interface to it useful than improve the server interface. The new server
options dialog allows players to set server options in a nice GUI - so
there is no longer any need to actually use the server.

  - Per