Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8754) effects patch

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8754) effects patch
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:21:01 -0700

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> > all functions in effects.c should have comments in the their headers.
>
> Uh, this isn't true for the rest of the code, I don't see why the effects
> code should be special in this regard.

Bad excuse. I think we agreed that this should be the case for all new
code, but I am not sure if this got codified in the style guide yet.

> > why do you use genlists for eff_list? why not also vectors?
>
> I am ok with either, jason and per prefer genlists, you people slog
> it out. :-)

What are the advantages of vectors here?

> > rename get_effect_buildings() -> get_buildings_with_effect()
> > rename get_building_effect() -> get_effects_of_building()
> > rename get_building_effects() -> get_effect_types_of_building()
>
> This seems a bit verbose... How about:
> get_buildings_with_effect()
> get_building_effects()
> get_building_effect_types()
>
> ?

Sounds better to me.

> > what does "Wonder" for req_type mean anyway, and how does this jibe with
> > uniqueness upgrade?
>
> That is a poor name really. I should have renamed it by now. "Building"
> now means that it checks for the presence of that building in the city,
> "Wonder" checks for the presence of that building in a player.
>
> I could rename it to "CityBuilding" and "PlayerBuilding".

"City_Has_Building" and "Player_Has_Building"?

BTW, a continent-wide uniqueness would be nice.

  - Per