Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9120) sun tzu's and "ground" units

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9120) sun tzu's and "ground" units
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 08:58:13 -0700

ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 06:12:48PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

>>The documentation for sun tzu's says "the chance of a unit becoming
>>veteran after a battle increases from 50% to 100%".
>>
>>As I said in another ticket, this doesn't take veteran levels into account.
>
> Yes, there is no decicion what to do with several veteran levels.
> Perhaps on higher levels, the chance shouldn't be 100% but significant
> higher than without sun tzu's.

I'd say it should just double the chance.  Increasing it to 100% is
_extremely_ powerful.

>>But also, this refers to only ground units right?  It needs to say so
>>(the previous sentence does say so but not this one).
>
> No, it works for naval units too. (Very nice to get veteran cruisers by
> slaugthering diplomats ...)

Immediately after I built Sun Tzu's I attacked with a destroyer, and
won.  I wasn't made veteran.  For a moment I thought it was a bug, then
I remembered Sun Tzu's only works for ground units.

But you're saying that's not true?  In that case it was a bug...

In either case the sentence needs to be clarified.  It's natural to
assume it means only ground units, since the previous sentence refers to
them.  But it doesn't say so explicitly.

jason