Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9118) sentry & loading

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9118) sentry & loading
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:30:22 -0700

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 05:32:50PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> Currently when you sentry this loads and unsentrying unloads.
>
> I find this more and more cumbersome as I play; I want to sentry units
> but I can't since there are naval units resting in the city.  Since the
> load and unload commands do this already, there's no need for this
> behavior. IMO.
>
> What are others' opinions?  Design board?

The different scenarios are:

Unit is in a city, transporter enters the city and leaves the city.
In one case we want to enbord the unit in the other not.

Ship is in a city, unit enters the city, transport leaves the city.
In one case we want to leave the city with the unit in the other not.

Which is more common? What is the mechanism of 1.14.1?
Do we wan't to change the method?

In the case that we don't want to transport the unit away what do we
want to do with the unit?

Use as defender? We can allready (f)ortify (not air units, and naval
units)
Use as attacker when enemy is approaching? (autoattack could help) But
something like (a)utoactivate best unit when enemy approaches is an
option.
Use later in the turn? "(W)ait"
We want transport the unit later with another transport (Space)
(R)est the unit until it has full health.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.