Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8998) Small map meets large screen, they have problems

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8998) Small map meets large screen, they have problems together.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:36:03 -0700

> [jdorje - Wed Jun 16 23:19:37 2004]:
>
> > [vasc - Tue Jun 15 22:40:41 2004]:
>
> > http://67.166.116.45/kyzentun/small_map_problem.png
> > http://67.166.116.45/kyzentun/small_map_problem2.png
>
> Per points out that we can set a maximum size of the mapview at the GUI
> level.  So long as the mapview isn't increased beyond this size, there
> will be no problem.

And Vasco points out that we _can't_ set a maximum size of the mapview
at the GUI level.  There is no way to do it in GTK other than catching
the resize and reverting it - very ugly.  An alternative might be to let
the mapview widget continue to grow but to limit the size of the
mapview_canvas (the struct in mapview_common.h).  This is possible but
also ugly.

jason