Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9024) conquered city isn't known by client

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9024) conquered city isn't known by client
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:04:34 -0700

> [jdorje - Sat Jun 19 03:05:14 2004]:
>
> Sometimes when my cities are conquered the client doesn't know.  I even
> hit "shift-g" and lost my cruiser when it returned to "my" city (that
> was enemy owned).

In fact the game proceeded for many turns.  Eventually I went to attack
the city then.  My initial attacks failed.  But on the first successful
attack (that killed a unit inside) I guess I got a new short city packet
and finally saw that the city was enemy-owned.  Now I could see that the
city was owned by the enemy.

I believe this city was originally owned by the enemy, then conquered by
me.  So the last short city packet received would probably have been
right before I conquered it.  Is it possible this is a delta bug?  I
don't really know how the delta is calculated but if the server thought
I already had all the information in the short city packet (since it was
the same as the last short city packet, and delta didn't know about full
city packets) I could imagine that this might happen.

jason