Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8908) endgame numbers

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8908) endgame numbers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:35:00 -0700

andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>You can't give the full population because it may
>>overflow a 32-bit integer (that's what they say, although I'm not sure I
>>believe it - but it's hard to prove that it _can't_ overflow).
>
> The full population isn't used. It's sent over the network in thousands.
> get_population() returns a regular int, that int is sent over the network,
> and the client converts this number to the full population with
> population_to_text().

Ahh right.  But since I cut out all of the gtk2 changes I didn't see this.

Can you make a patch that just fixes the population bug?  Not that the
GUI changes are bad, but that part of the patch is for Vasco not me...

Also there's something wrong/different with your line feeds.  I think
you have dos-style line feeds causing lots of ^M's on my computer.
Maybe this is my fault (I've been getting it from Per's patches too of
late) but it is quite annoying.

jason