Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8908) endgame numbers

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8908) endgame numbers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:29:35 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

> Also I'm not sure if get_population is the right function to call to get
> the population.  It recoveres the population from the score struct.  But
> if this data hasn't been updated then it may be wrong.  In that case it
> would be better to call civ_population().

And also...

Since the game doesn't end until the start of the new turn, the
population when the game ends isn't the same as it was when the last
player was killed.  This is probably bad.

And finally, the population is listed in thousands.  The column title
needs to say this.  You can't give the full population because it may
overflow a 32-bit integer (that's what they say, although I'm not sure I
believe it - but it's hard to prove that it _can't_ overflow).

jason