Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy problems and ideas (PR#8394)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomacy problems and ideas (PR#8394)
From: "Per Inge Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 03:22:27 -0700

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> This phase has its own timeout, perhaps some percentage of the
> real timeout (50% gives us a minimum of 20 secs for pubserver games -
> should be enough).

Strike the above. Otherwise we may not be able to present out ultimatum
because another player is spending too much time with the player we want
to present it to. So if two players who meet want to, they can stall the
game indefinitely at this point. Perhaps the other players can vote them
off, though.

> The phase only kicks in if necessary, and replaces the current diplomacy
> dialog.

Well, either we require players to schedule appointments in the player
dialog beforehand during the normal turn, or the phase has to be started
each turn.

  - Per