Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Devel version and more info about connections

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Devel version and more info about connections
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 02:04:05 +0200

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 04:15:49AM -0300, Mark Metson wrote:

> Hi again. I have wiped my mailbox to get rid of backlog of months of
> list-mail and spam-barrages, so still posting blind.
>
> I cannot compile devel versions, in fact cannot even ./configure them. Get
> kernel oopses. They might have nothing to do with the devel version
> itself, might just not be realistic to expect to be able to compile
> anything on this pre-y2k (boots into 1994 dont believe in years
> 2000+) p120 box.
>
> So it would be real nice if a binary RH8.0 RPM for devel version were to
> be available someplace.

This normally isn't needed because one can assume that you can compile
sources on a unix box. Also note that there are a lot of unix and
especially linux versions out there. RH 8.0 for example is an old
version not anylonger supported by RH. So you will found very few who
still use it.

Easiest would be if you get rid of you kernel oops (wrong kernel,
hardware problem), install clean system and compile freeciv from the
source.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  reality.sys corrupt. Reboot Universe? (y,n,q)