Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Devel version and more info about connections

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Devel version and more info about connections
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 04:15:49 -0300 (ADT)

Hi again. I have wiped my mailbox to get rid of backlog of months of
list-mail and spam-barrages, so still posting blind.

I cannot compile devel versions, in fact cannot even ./configure them. Get
kernel oopses. They might have nothing to do with the devel version
itself, might just not be realistic to expect to be able to compile
anything on this pre-y2k (boots into 1994 dont believe in years
2000+) p120 box.

So it would be real nice if a binary RH8.0 RPM for devel version were to
be available someplace.

The ./configure gets as far as making Makefiles, then starts into the
series of oopses.

Thus, I have no idea what features the devel version already has, other
than I am thinking it is still hoping that 1.15.0 will have working
diplomacy with, and among, AIs.

In playing on pubservers recently, have found that one neeeds to try to
know everyone by IP/hostname, due to there are sometimes imposters and
bodysnatchers around. Therefore am thinking it would be real nice if when
someone connects we were told not only the IP/hostname of the new
connection, but also a comparison of it to both the original IP/host that
originally had been that player and the previous IP/hostname that was last
one to have been connected to that player.

Thus we could know such as aha, playera.dom.com has connected as Shaka,
previous player of Shaka was playerb.com.dom, real/original Shaka was...

-MarkM-