Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8722) Fatal bugs and annoyances (resent)

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8722) Fatal bugs and annoyances (resent)
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:25:52 -0700

I have noticed these for quite some time, but now they are getting on my
nerves.

A) The client often dies spontaneously with this kind of stuff:

2: 0x9cf2b00 Cannon at (26,8) Mackenzie King
civclient: packhand.c:1983: handle_tile_info: Assertion
`unit_list_size(&ptile->units) == 0' failed.

2: 0x9440bd8 Ironclad at (70,11) Wu Zetian
civclient: packhand.c:1983: handle_tile_info: Assertion
`unit_list_size(&ptile->units) == 0' failed.

I think this one is old.

B) When disconnecting and re-connecting a client (like after it died
from the bug above), the server often dies with an assert, like
"Assertion 'pc->phs.variant != (void *) 0' failed" or something. I don't
remember it happening before ext conn dialog was commited.

NOTE: Got it again:
2: Lost connection: ooo from localhost.localdomain (player 1).
civserver: packets_gen.c:17847: send_packet_start_turn: Assertion
`pc->phs.variant != ((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted

C) This one is just a minor annoyance. The label in the toplevel window,
you know, the one that says the population, year, etc. There is a missing
newline between gold and tax. I think this was done by the text.[ch] moves.

Could someone please, please fix these? Pretty please with sugar on top?