Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#725) Order of end/new-turn activities

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#725) Order of end/new-turn activities
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 01:25:03 -0700

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 12:57:18AM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> The ordering in the previous example makes a difference in gameplay but
> this is not a technical issue.  So we should take Pille (or the design
> board's) advice on this.  There are many similar dependencies that could
> go either way: possibly too many even to find.  And sometimes there may
> be multiple dependencies between two atomic "activities".  The odds of
> this increase when we make the atomic groups larger.

An idea: instead of hard coding the order we allow the some
customization. The user have to think about "soft" dependencies and
order the actions accordingly. I'm not sure what about "hard"
(technical) dependencies.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  The Software is not designed or licensed for use in on-line control