Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7446) center_on_something fails

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7446) center_on_something fails
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:05:21 -0700

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 08:09:28AM -0700, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> > These two
> >   mapview_canvas.store = canvas_create(1, 1);
> >   mapview_canvas.single_tile
> >     = canvas_create(UNIT_TILE_WIDTH, UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT);
> > aren't set to zero. Are these the bugs you speak about?
> >
> > At least the single_tile assignment isn't IMHO.
> >
> > While I agree that the assignment of zeros is not needed it is better
> > to make this explicit IMHO.
>
> Do not allocate or resize the backing store of the map canvas outside
> the map_canvas_resized callback function. Period.

I may agree. But still doesn't see how this is related to the original
problem.

> That is the correct way of doing it. GTK+ 2.2 will execute the callback
> every time the map is resized and yes, even on creation.
>
> Xaw and GTK+ 1.2 are broken, they mix the resize handling with the expose
> handling, this makes no sense and is stupid. There was no reason to break
> GTK+ 2.2 as well just to use common code.

I may also agree here. It was the way in GTK1 and Xaw since they don't
offer this configure callback. Or does they?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Microsoft DNS service terminates abnormally when it recieves a response