Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7446) center_on_something fails

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7446) center_on_something fails
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:00:45 -0700

Raimar Falke wrote:

>>What it comes down to is that the canvas needs to be configured before
>>it is used.  This configuring comes when the GUI calls
>>map_canvas_resized.  There is no need to do a pre-configuring for these
>>values.  The ones we're setting to zero are already zero (except for the
>>bug), and the mapcanvas that gets a dummy value shouldn't ever have this
>>value used (that would also be a bug).
>

> These two
>   mapview_canvas.store = canvas_create(1, 1);
>   mapview_canvas.single_tile
>     = canvas_create(UNIT_TILE_WIDTH, UNIT_TILE_HEIGHT);
> aren't set to zero. Are these the bugs you speak about?
>
> At least the single_tile assignment isn't IMHO.

The single_tile assignment is the only one that is needed.  The
existance of any of the other lines in this function will introduce a
bug in the gtk2 client, since this client will have already called
map_canvas_resized by the time this function is called.

Note that we could easily remove the function entirely, and put the
creation of single_tile into map_canvas_resized.

I don't think it's important to explicitly zero values that are already
zero, especially when we're about to set them to non-zero values a few
milliseconds later.  And it's also not important to create a dummy
mapview store, since if this store were ever used that would be a bug.

jason