Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8486) Fullscreen Mode for Gtk 2 client

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8486) Fullscreen Mode for Gtk 2 client
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:07:55 -0700

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> This patch implements a Fullscreen mode for the Gtk 2 client.
> You can enable it with an option in the Local options dialog.
>
> For Fullscreen to work, the window manager must support it.
> Recent versions of Gnome and KDE supports it, as well as Gtk on win32.
> However, Enlightenment and some other "old" window managers doesn't
> support it yet.
>
> So, what do you think?

Very nice!

You are using some deprecated functions though, like gtk_object_set_data.
In that case, what you really wanted was a g_object_set. Those are
internal object data fields from the GtkWindowClass. That will do most of
the type conversion for you, so you can dump these specific casts.

I will do that and commit your patch today.

---