Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) heights in gtk2 production dialog

To: dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8482) heights in gtk2 production dialog
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 08:33:59 -0700

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Daniel L Speyer wrote:

> The current setup of the worklist windows (NORMAL_TILE_HEIGHT whether it
> needs it or not) in gtk2 uses an awful lot of empty space.  It makes it
> more necessary to scroll and is (IMHO) ugly.  This patch auto-detects
> units' actual heights and uses them.

I looked at your patch again and noticed it does not have a fixed row
height.

The row height is fixed for a reason: if the size is fixed you can
predictably point and click at something without looking well at it. It is
user disturbing and counter productive to have a chaotic misaligned user
interface. At best I may compromise and provide for a gamut of different
fixed sub-category heights. i.e. a fixed height for buildings, another
for units. But doing it more or less randomly on each unit is
sub-optimal.

---