Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8443) [idea] City autoexplore

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8443) [idea] City autoexplore
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 04:35:46 -0700

It would be interesting to allocate a single FoW weight var
per tile with a methods to bump it in appropriate ways or
reset it according to the current FoW policy - this would
then be used in the is_visible() check, i.e. do FoW right.

Every time the tile is touched in ways that might be useful
for FoW, like Raimar's suggestion below, it would be updated.
One would setup the general framework with a core policy and
set of touches that maps to the current Look&Feel, and then
let the syystem evolve over time as various patches added
FoW weight calls.

The standard FoW printing would then take care of pseudo-random
relevations and such automatically.

Cheers,
RossW
=====