Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-ai] Re: Recovering pupeteer

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-ai] Re: Recovering pupeteer
From: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:03:19 -0800 (PST)

--- Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > the puppeteer patch includes:
> >
> > o a small patch to gui-gtk to to show units' IDs on
> >   the canvas as shown names for cities
>
> This can be a separate patch.  It shouldn't be enabled unless DEBUG is
> defined.

Oh I see thank you.

> I believe this is now in the common client code so it need
> only be changed in one place.

please excuse my ignorance,
what is this "this" you are talking about?
what is in the common client code?

> > o some code extending agents functionality:
> >   agents now recieve tile change notifications
> >   as they do for cities and units
> > o some small fixes of the build process to
> >   include puppeteer
> > o simple historian agent
>
> These may also be able to stand as separate patches.

I need to coordinate agent changes with Raimar.

> If you can split off parts of your patch and integrate them into CVS
> piecemeal, that will make dealing with the remaining parts easier.
> Take
> a look at what you have and see how much of it can be integrated in
> small pieces.

the puppeteer is still in experimenting phase
so I'm not sure I want to see all this stuff
in common CVS as is.
But I will look what I can spin off.

nikodimka