Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-ai] Re: Recovering pupeteer

To: nikodimka <nikodimka@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-ai] Re: Recovering pupeteer
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:45:54 -0500

nikodimka wrote:
If it is implemented as a separate client, why does it modify 28 files?

I have created a very long answer, but my mail
has crashed so I'm not sure if you'll get it.
So I repeat it here somewhat shorter:

the puppeteer patch includes:

o a small patch to gui-gtk to to show units' IDs on
  the canvas as shown names for cities

This can be a separate patch. It shouldn't be enabled unless DEBUG is defined. I believe this is now in the common client code so it need only be changed in one place.

o some code extending agents functionality:
agents now recieve tile change notifications as they do for cities and units o some small fixes of the build process to include puppeteer o simple historian agent

These may also be able to stand as separate patches.

If you can split off parts of your patch and integrate them into CVS piecemeal, that will make dealing with the remaining parts easier. Take a look at what you have and see how much of it can be integrated in small pieces.

jason