Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7696) Re: Re: (PR#7637) Problem with line_width=2 [tak

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7696) Re: Re: (PR#7637) Problem with line_width=2 [take 4]
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:37:36 -0800

Raimar Falke wrote:

>>I think we should define it, and leave it up to the GUI implementation
>>to conform.  If it doesn't conform it's probably not too bad.
>>
>>Also, I take back that it's impossible to conform.  If the GUI author
>>knows how his library works he can implement the standard by translating
>>the origin by a pixel or so.
>
> How do you define it? Something like "The second pixel is always to
> the right or bottom of the primary one?"
>
> I think it is clearly easier to do multiple calls.

That's ridiculous.  You'd have to define it anyway before you could do
multiple calls.  We should just look up the definition (in the gtk-2.x
source code, most likely) and use that.  Other GUIs can either conform
or end up with trivially different behavior.

Also if you rely on the implementation to be precise you run into a much
bigger problem with border (dashed) lines.  Are we going to do the
dashing ourselves?  Isn't this what graphics libraries are for?

jason