Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7637) Problem with line_width=2 [take 4]

To: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#7637) Problem with line_width=2 [take 4]
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:40:12 -0800

Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 12:59:54PM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

>>>[i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Sat Mar 06 20:55:34 2004]:
>>>

>>>The comment of gui_put_line is plain wrong:
>>>
>>>  Draw a 1-pixel-width colored line onto the mapview or citydialog canvas.
>>>
>>>since the function also draws 2-pixel-width lines
>>>
>>>Additionally there is no clear semantic where the extra pixel of the 2
>>>pixel width line should be placed. For odd line widths it is clear but
>>>for even it isn't. Either this gets defined OR (what I would prefer)
>>>the border code deals with it and calls gui_put_line two times.
>>
>>Very ugly.  I don't think it's possible to define it, since this depends
>>on the library code.
>
> Exactly. So the reason was to do multiple calls.

I think we should define it, and leave it up to the GUI implementation
to conform.  If it doesn't conform it's probably not too bad.

Also, I take back that it's impossible to conform.  If the GUI author
knows how his library works he can implement the standard by translating
the origin by a pixel or so.

jason