Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7408) Client knows about hidden units

To: matusik_s@xxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#7408) Client knows about hidden units
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:21:49 -0800

> [matusik_s@xxxxx - Tue Feb 24 14:54:06 2004]:
>
> On 2004.02.24 08:49, Jason Short wrote:

> > > [matusik_s@xxxxx - Mon Feb 16 07:43:52 2004]:
> >
> > > There's another problem: Suppose that Player B has a loaded transport
> > > within sight of player A. They have shared vision.
> > > Then player B removes shared vision and moves his transport. Server
> > > doesn't remove units inside transport from A's client.
> >
> > Is this definitely the case?  Can someone provide a savegame to show it?
> >
> Try visibility.sav.gz in incoming

Indeed.

The problem may be easier to solve than I thought.

send_unit_info_to_onlookers has a remove_unseen parameter.  If
specified, the server will send a remove-unit packet to ALL PLAYERS who
don't see the unit.  This isn't done when a unit is remove for fog -
that's done manually.

So all we have to do is, when breaking an alliance loop over all the
units for both players, and send them to each other, specifying this flag.

This may result in duplicate packets.  Or does delta handle this?

Note that the remove-unit packet has just one value: the unit ID.

jason