Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6282) Re: Re: (PR#6987) corrupt technology

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ggracian@xxxxxxx, per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6282) Re: Re: (PR#6987) corrupt technology
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 23:48:58 -0800

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:32:45AM -0800, Genevieve Gracian wrote:
> > If it depends on the compression I suspect a timing problem. However I
> > have no idea what is timing depending here. The server is single
> > threaded.
> >
> > Can you please try the attached patch. It adds the same test at
> > saving. It should either print it for both (compression 8 and 9) or
> > none.

What was the outcome here? Was it shown for both or for none? If it
was shown for none were you able to trigger the error when you load
such game?

> > Also can you do the action outline above using these settings:
> >  - set techleven 5
> >  - set compress 9
> >  - set seed 1234
> >  - set randseed 5678
> >
> > and the same with compression 8? If you also replicate the other
> > actions (client moves for example) the uncompressed savegames should
> > be the same. Can you test this and if the savegames are different send
> > the diff.

Since there is no context in the diff (please use -u in the future)
can you send both savegames?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "- Amiga Y2K fixes (a bit late, wouldn't you say?)"