[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6941) Mission Orders

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6941) Mission Orders
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:37:21 -0800

The patch doesn't apply cleanly:

1 out of 34 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file client/control.c.rej
missing header for unified diff at line 502 of patch
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
| }
--------------------------
File to patch:

Also:

- You shouldn't include common/packets_gen.* in the patch.  These just
bloat it.  I usually rm common/packets_gen.* before making the patch.

- The function order_is_action() is misleading.  Movement is an action too!

- I think the union shouldn't be declared globally.  At the least it
shouldn't be defined separately from the orders_type.  What about
something like

struct unit_order {
  enum orders_type type;
  union {
    enum unit_orders order;
    enum unit_activity activity;
    enum unit_actions action;
    enum diplomat_actions diplomat;
  };
  enum direction8 dir;
}

which makes sure the type and the union remain attached.

- Finally, I think this code needs a lot of design review.  I'm not sure
that the interface (common/unit.h) is best.  Can we separate the common
and server parts and consider them first?  The client interface can be
added on afterward.

jason