[Freeciv-Dev] Server without readline support?

To: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Server without readline support?
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:40:54 -0800

When is the last time someone tried running the server without readline
support?  Are things known to work ok without it, or will it break
things?

I've got both client and server starting with my VS .NET 2003 build now,
but after the server starts, nothing happens.  One difference I notice
between my build and the Windows native build is the latter has a
working readline.  Don't know if that's the answer, but that's where I
thought I'd start.  Unfortunately, getting readline going in the absence
of Cygwin or MinGW is a non-trivial undertaking.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

When no one else sells courage, supply and demand take hold.