[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?

To: Brandon Van Every <vanevery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Do you want VS .NET 2003 support?
From: Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:10:13 +0100

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:37:08PM -0800, Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Actual code changes were pretty trivial.  Added a few needed
> #ifdefs.  Reshuffled some functions so that libcivcommon would be a
> "base" library, and not ask for things actually declared or
> implemented in client or server.  I made is_server live in
> libcivcommon, changed the client version of send_unit_info to
> client_send_unit_info, and made a function pointer to dealloc_id.
> Really trivial things like that, no actual changes to code
> semantics.

Please submit these changes.

> If somebody cares, and you want to become the VS .NET 2003 build
> guy, I'll get on with this and finish up.  If nobody cares, i.e. you
> actually *prefer* all that Cygwin / MinGW crap, then this goes on
> the backburner.

The advantage of Cygwin/MinGW is that it is freely available. And yes
James tutorial sounds like an odyssey.

What do you have to do to get VS .NET 2003? Paying money? Is there a
command-line version freely available?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "If at first you don't succeed... well so much for skydiving."