[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: Re: (PR#7123) Metaissue for FS

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: Re: (PR#7123) Metaissue for FS
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 03:24:02 -0800

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 04:39:53AM -0800, thomas@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > How you considered using Thomas/CapTVK's scans? They are black/white,
> > IIRC, but quite nice drawings of ancient places. RT used to show one of
> > them.
>
> I searched but didn't found them.
>
> Here's a sample
> (ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/OLD/romeinse-eetzaal-b.png).
> There should be a zipfile in /incoming containing a number of otherv scans

It is ftp://freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/Freeciv-graphics-01.zip.

> as well. I have plenty more at home and i would be happy to provide more
> if need be.

I took the harbour picture because it was big enough. The cropped
version is at:
http://freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs3_pics/harbour-of-athens.png

Do you have any suggestions for the placement, size and color of the
various controls? Just changing the background image and using the
previous settings gives
http://freeciv.org/~rfalke/fs3_pics/screen-0000.png. Which doesn't
look good.

> > Also, using real photography is an option.
> >See eg the file pd_images.zip
> > in Freeciv incoming.
>
> Most of them would be ok for wonder/improvement/tech icons. But IMHO
> only the earth picture are general enough.

I agree.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx