[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6721) A Quincuncial topology
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 03:36:33 -0800

> [per - Mer. Déc. 31 15:32:59 2003]:
>
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Marcelo Burda wrote:

> Sorry, but you are changing very crucial code here and we need to know
> what effect your changes have on game speed.
>
>   - Per

I thincks normalize_map_pos is over used all in the code, i can easy
optimize the classic topology in normalize_map_pos but less easy the
more complex ones. the best way is too see where normalize_map_pos is
over used and delete it. but it is a work for any body responsable of
this problem.
in other see, i dream a day quincuncial is the default topology for
freeciv, optimised only classical one is not, for me, the bes way.

for undestand my proposal play, or at last see, my scenario and tell me
yours comments, a this time i am 0 comment about it.
( rem in my scenario south pole is too small, then all south continents
are too near, this is a old scenario)

thx. Marcelo