[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)

To: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:38:43 -0400 (AST)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Andy Smith wrote:

> As a special enticement maybe we say that a size 20 city can work even
> more (perhaps require some advance for this, hey, look, now we came
> up with a useful future tech too):
>
>  XXXXX
> XXXXXXX
> XXXCXXX
> XXXXXXX
>  XXXXX

I was thinking that might be a logical thing for superhighways to do,
maybe more logical than their present effect of doubling trade in the
tiles they go through being as how most superhighways do not seem to be
"strips" but rather are controlled-exits kinds of things with very limited
amounts and types of businesses built along them. Tough I understand that
maybe the trade bonus isnt thinking of the businesses built along the
highway so much as shipping larger quantities of goods between existing
businesses in industrial parks and downtowns and such.

It might make sense though to only allow the use of the outer set of tiles
if they are actually connected to the city by roads or rails. Hmm, wait,
maybe if the enabling tech as "ATV" or "SUV" or somesuch it might not need
the roads or rails? :)

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/