[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fixing ICS (simply)
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:33:33 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Josh Cogliati wrote:

> If there is any interest in this, I can work up a experimental data directory
> patch that takes the default data, combines in longturn's changes, a worker
> unit, and other changes that I think I can at least justify as being
> interesting.

There are a couple of things in LongTurn that seemed to me to maybe make
too much of a change.

One is that a unit with two movement is a major thing, because it allows
debarking from a ship and attacking in the same turn. I didnt like the
fact that an ordinary warrior had that abioity, which normally would have
required developing horsemen.

The other is the "land carrier" units, card and truck or somesuch. The
cart maybe wasn't such a big deal due to the cost, but the truck was
really killer. A cart carrying two catapults is almost prohibitively
expensive, but by the time you industrialise, a truck carrying four cannon
is quite affordable and utterly devastating...

I reckon too that the AI might have a really hard time thinking of putting
such carriers together, so in effect they are a special for humans only
maybe...

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/