[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish

To: a-l@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Betr: (PR#6932) Re: Re: Artistic polish
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:19:23 -0800

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:56:31AM -0800, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > > Excuse me? Who are you going to ask/encourage to break the law to host
> > > this download?
> >
> > No. s/downloads it separately/downloads it separately from whatever
> > place the author provides the graphics/.
>
> So rather than risk your own neck, you would rather risk someone else's?
> How nice.
>
> Please realize that these copyright violations are ignored by the game's
> publisher only because it only benefits them to do so. The moment it
> starts benefitting a competitor, expect them to go after whoever hosts
> these files - whether they aid us knowingly or not.

You misunderstood me. I was thinking about graphics from 3rd parties
which are ok to use privately.

I also haven't said that freeciv.org should host these files. We may
if the author is accepting this and we are sure that the author
doesn't violate himself.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a