[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6707) Announce server on LAN

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6707) Announce server on LAN
From: "andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:05:13 -0800

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 rt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And the attached test program...
>
> Todd

I've tested your test program successfully on Cygwin,
and the code on http://www.nmsl.cs.ucsb.edu/MulticastSocketsBook/
also works on Cygwin in Windows.

However, the LAN-patch doesn't work on Cygwin. The client sends a packet,
but the server isn't receiving it, no matter which multicast group I use.
I suspect that this is because multicasting for Windows was implemented
in winsock version 2.0, and Freeciv in cygwin is including an older
version of winsock. Is Freeciv using native winsocket.h or something else
in cygwin? How do I test this?

 Andreas Røsdal