[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6707) Announce server on LAN

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6707) Announce server on LAN
From: "andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 01:44:38 -0800

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 rt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> * Raimar Falke <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [031105 17:13]:
> > >
> > > I think adding the group automatically might just be a Linux thing though.
> >
> > Is there some more data/facts on this issue?
>
> I tried the attached test program on Solaris 2.8 without the
> setsockopt(s, IPPROTO_IP, IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP, ...) and it would not
> receive anything sent to the mulicast address.

So this means that the lan-patch for Freeciv would also work on Solaris
2.8? I would think so.

I just tested the lan-patch on a SunOS 5.9 (Solaris 7 x86), and
it works (just like Linux) for any multicast group I choose.

So far, only Netbsd has insisted on using only the all-hosts group.
Could it be a bug in NetBsd? Can it be solved by using autoconf?

 Andreas Røsdal