Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Possible confounding of ability to see troops in field

To: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Possible confounding of ability to see troops in field problem
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:05:03 -0300 (ADT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> > But I was suspecting something wrong with the troops in field thing back
> > in the old 1.13 before coming to this 1.14 beta that keeps lying about
> > the  unit data. So I do think something is wrong someplace in the troops
> > in  field unhappiness and/or the suffrage wonder.
>
> Can you provide a specific situation (e.g. savegame) in which you think it
> doesn't do the right thing?
>
> It's certainly possible that the behavior does have bugs.

Maybe its partly an ambiguity in the description of what suffrage does. I
always thought it fixed the two unhappiness caused by one unit, it never
occured to me it might instead fix one unhappiness each for two units.
Which it looks like it would probably do, if for example I had two field
units and no units actually outside of cities. It would, it looks like,
from what I am seeing now, "fix one unhappyface for each of two units"
instead of being limited to fixing "up to two unhappyfaces for one unit".
I guess I just never thought of it before as being a fix for more than one
unit's worth of unhappiness. I always had the impression its intent was to
fix the problem caused by one unit, which in a democracy, if the unit is
actually out in the field, would require fixing two unhappiness instead of
just one. There is nothing in the decription of the wonder, that i have
seen or noticed, that makes it clear it is not just a fix for one unit
but, under these circumstances, can actually be a fix for two units.

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/