Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] More detail un unhappiness/suffrage

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] More detail un unhappiness/suffrage
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:53:51 -0300 (ADT)

OK, I have caught this 1.14 beta in the act of seemingly mucking up the
field units/suffrage thing somehow. I saved it in case anyone wants it (so
I can find it its .freeciv/mytest5/civgame+1941m.sav.gz in my home
directory I'm noting that here in case anyone does ask me to go find it
but I'm thinking most likely no-one really needs a savegame for this.)

I am Canadian and Fredericton has been size 15 for some time now with a
battleship out at sea with no complaints. Now it has just completed
building a bomber and suddenly decided to go into disorder. Now that it is
in disrver it is showing two unhappy faces by the battleship icon, but it
shows no unhappy faces next to the bomber icon. I have not moved the
bomber yet, so presumably the bomber ought to be showing one unhappy face.
The happiness page of the city display still makes no mention of the
suffrage wonder.

So it looks like maybe siffrage has been preventing the battleship from
causing unhappiness, but cannot prevent the bomber also from causing
unhappiness.  But until now I don't think it ever even showed any
indication that the battleship ought to have been causing unhappiness. My
shakespear's theatre city regularly shows unpteen unhappy faces on the
units display because it has umpteen units in the field; the wonder isnt
preventing it from indicating that those units would have been causing
unrest in the absence of the wonder. So something is definitely
inconsistent with the suffrage. It ought to at least allow the unhappiness
that it is preventing to be indicated. As is I had no warning that
Fredericton already had consumed part of its "wonder allotment of
unhappiness prevention" so did not anticipate any problem upon production
of the bomber.

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/