Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Possible confounding of ability to see troops in field

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Possible confounding of ability to see troops in field problem
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:18:50 -0400

--On Wednesday, October 22, 2003 3:28 AM -0300 Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It occurs to me that possibly the problem with the units display showing
the wong info might be confounding my attempt to check whether the city a
troop in the field is claimed to come from is unhappy on acocunt of the
troop being in the field. Maybe some of the apparent problem might be it
was lying about which city the troop was from so maybe I was checking the
wrong city.

But I was suspecting something wrong with the troops in field thing back
in the old 1.13 before coming to this 1.14 beta that keeps lying about
the  unit data. So I do think something is wrong someplace in the troops
in  field unhappiness and/or the suffrage wonder.

Can you provide a specific situation (e.g. savegame) in which you think it doesn't do the right thing?

It's certainly possible that the behavior does have bugs.

jason