Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Example of new game mechanics

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Example of new game mechanics
From: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:22:50 -0300 (ADT)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Thomas Strub wrote:

> > The Crusaders unit is a unique unit that costs next to nothing to build.
> > Stats-wise it is a beefed up Knights unit that cannot be bribed. The
> > downside is that it can only be built in cities that have Cathedrals.
>
> Think one small peace is missing. It should only be possible that units
> from that sort can attack some nations and not all.

Hahahaha that is funny. I doubt they'd have a problem crusading against
anyone, if you want you can call it an inquisition instead of a crusade,
that way you could even attack your own people. :)

> Perhaps a nation should have religion too. Than that units would really
> make sense. Don't know how many are necessary and what power you get
> from the religion.

Your examples sound like government-types. Maybe different variations of
fundamentalism. Presently it seems likely that all such are intended to
fall into the catch-all category "fundamentalism".

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/