Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Barbarians

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Barbarians
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:30:11 +0200

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:16:21AM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> What do other people think?

Yes, Barbarians can be a nuisance and keep me on my toes. That is a good
thing, if I don't want it, I set barbarians 0.

When, after the barbs have conquered a city, they keep acting uncoordinated
(as they do now, sometimes (do not defeat their cities)), they are not really
a problem. As it is now, I can happily ignore them sometimes, because they
are not dangerous.

Why not make Barbarians act like real AI's? They are weak, because they are
few, so they should have the same or higher tech level than I have. If they
have potential to conquer a significant part of my country, then I can't
afford to ignore them any more when they appear.

If they were a bit more fairer, and adjustable strong, this could be fun.

Christian