Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4539) rules against smallpox (tutorials/nopox page

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: cskecskes@xxxxxxxxxx, juhani.heino@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4539) rules against smallpox (tutorials/nopox page)
From: "Paul Zastoupil" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:17:54 -0700

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 07:48:12AM -0700, Guest wrote:

> I like the suggestions for civil war et al.
>
> By the way, ICS isn't so bad when you're playing with 29 AI players
> intent on killing you.  I can barely hold on to one or two cities in
> those circumstances.  The AI does it anyway, but it loses (well, 28 of
> them lose, and a lucky one survives).  In other words, if you fill the
> world up with loads and loads of players, no one can sprawl much.  This
> argues for raising the 30-player ceiling.
>
> I'd _love_ to have a world with 100+ players (mostly AI), and difficulty
> keeping my country together -- especially with the new AI diplomacy.

I've found that no matter how many AI you add, all you have to do is be
the second smallest lobster and they will ally with you.  By building
a few large cities, I have less to maintain and defend.  Build Marco
Polo early and you have 28 allies.  Maybe the hard AI should know who is
a human and react accordingly.

--
Paul Zastoupil