[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6132) New function can_unit_attack_all_at_tile

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6132) New function can_unit_attack_all_at_tile
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 04:06:40 -0700

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Remi Bonnet wrote:

> >The rules have changed (and are more correct now).  Until we adopt layer,
> >one must be able to attack all units on a tile.  You can see it as if the
> >unit you cannot attack is the defender.
> >
> >G.
> >
> Do you mean that if a plane and a land unit is on a tile, no land unit
> can attack the tile? I don't think that's really realistic... planes
> have never been able to protect land units.

As Thomas said, for this we will have layers patch.  I was just removing
inconsistencies, where sometimes bombers were protecting units and
sometimes not.  Also, when bombers were not protecting and the land unit
lost the fight, the bomber would get killed too, by a unit which cannot
otherwise kill it :( At least now we are consistent with civ2.

G.