[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6132) New function can_unit_attack_all_at_tile

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6132) New function can_unit_attack_all_at_tile
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 03:27:09 -0700

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > It checks whether a unit can attack all units at the target tile, which is
> > the rule now for a successful attack.
> >
> > It should also be used in almost all cases instead of the direct call to
> > can_unit_attack_unit_at_tile, which is done in the patch.
> >
> > One direct call is still left, where we are checking wheter a unit, which
> > is not there yet, can be attacked.
> >
> > As a side effect, the loop in ai_manage_airunit (6123) would be prevented.
>
> It seems like this completely conflicts with the layers concept?

In fact I would view it as a cleanup before the layers.  When layers come
they just alter the loop in the new function to cycle through the relevant
layers.  But maybe the name isn't good.  Please make suggestions.

You should keep in mind that there are two sorts of checks:
1. Diplomatic (are we at war with everyone there).
2. Physical (can we physically attack units there).

G.