[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having t

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having to much shields
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:07:53 -0700

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 01:39:49PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> [ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - Mon Sep  1 18:51:48 2003]:
>
> > Set production in a size 1 city to settlers. Wait until you have 200
> > shields, change the production to warrior and set the next item in the
> > worklist to foo (foo item from improvement/wonder) You get the warrior
> > and have ~ 190 shields for the wonder or improvement. That shouldn't be
> > possible. You should lose 95 shields when doing that.

[...]
> Here's a patch.  It's more complicated than I would have thought since
> an extra piece of data has to be sent all around: the city's surplus
> from the previous turn.
>
> Please test.  Design board, please comment.

When having 600 wondershields change production to pyramids and building
a military unit next the 400 remaining shields are penalized, but
when changing back to a wonder you don't get the full shields. Think that
shouldn't be.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.