[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having to mu

To: ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#5672) Changing production categories when having to much shields
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:50:32 -0700

[jdorje - Fri Sep  5 06:42:27 2003]:

> You change from Magellan's to Pyramids.  You finish building the
> pyramids in between turns, and the governor chooses a harbor (an
> improvement, not a wonder!) for you to build next.  When this happens
> the production is halved since pcity->last_built is Magellan's (which is
> incorrect; it should be pyramids).  Then at the beginning of the next
> turn pcity->last_built is reset to be the harbor.  So if you then change
> production to be another wonder, production will stay halved.  But if
> you change it to be another improvement (including a harbor...you may
> have to switch and switch back) you'll get the full production (since
> last_built is the harbor...again incorrect; it should be pyramids).

I think the bug could work the other way too.  So if you start with
Magellan's, then change to harbour (production is halved), and finish
harbor:

- If the governor chooses another improvement, you'll be mistakenly
penalized since last_built was Magellans' instead of the harbour.
Changing the production will fix it.

- If the governor chooses a wonder, you'll be mistakenly NOT penalized.
 Changing the production will keep it unpenalized.

- If the governor chooses a unit, you'll be correctly penalized.
Changing the production will then behave very bizarrely.

At least, I think that's how it would happen.  Feel free to try it out...

jason