[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost

To: sigra@xxxxxxx, stepan@xxxxxxxx, Brett.Albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#717) WISHLIST: Goto cursor shows movecost
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:24:43 -0700

--- Gregory Berkolaiko
<Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, there is one point which I think we should
> change:
> if a unit can reach a location within the current
> turn but will have no
> moves remaining, the number of turns displayed will
> be 1.  This is how PF
> stores information but it's more logical for the
> humans to see 0 here.

Personally, I disagree completely -- seeing a zero at
the end of the goto tells me that I can still do
something when I arrive there.  I mainly use it to
tell whether I can move an engineer to a square and
start improving it immediately.  A more important use
is when attacking -- I would hate to move next to an
enemy unit and run out of movement.

However, in that case would be useful to know if there
was only a fractional move left.  Perhaps a '*' could
be used when the remaining movement would be less than
1 but more than 0.

++JohnWheeler