Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3776) Goto sees ZOC but ignores it

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3776) Goto sees ZOC but ignores it
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:48:09 -0700

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Jason Short wrote:

> Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > Please try the attached patch.  Well, actually I have tried it already
> > and it works.  But maybe you can find other cases where a fix is needed.
> >
> > Note: fogged cities are considered occupied for the purposes of ZoC.
> > Hopefully this resolves 3387 as well.
>
> > +    pcity = is_non_allied_city_tile(ptile, pplayer);
> > +    if (pcity && (pcity->occupied || tile_get_known(x1, y1) !=
> > TILE_KNOWN)) {
> > +      /* If the city is fogged, we assume it's occupied */
> > +      return FALSE;
> > +    }
>
> I think you mean "seen" here, not "known".  Perhaps tile_is_known_and_seen?

No, the code is correct.  Remember, we are in the client here.  By
tile_is_known_and_seen you probably mean map_get_known_and_seen (strangely
returning bool), but it is in the server.

In the client we have tile_get_known which returns
enum known_type {
  TILE_UNKNOWN, TILE_KNOWN_FOGGED, TILE_KNOWN
};

So everything is ship shape and Bristol fashion.

Although for better readability I can substitute "!= TILE_KNOWN" with
"== TILE_KNOWN_FOGGED".

G.