Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3503) Hitpoints drop during battle and are then re

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3503) Hitpoints drop during battle and are then recovered
From: "ChrisK@xxxxxxxx" <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:14:34 -0700

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 06:57:23PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> [ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Sat Feb 22 23:30:51 2003]:
>
> > CVS 21 FEB 2003 GTK1.2 + aidip7
> >
> > When hunting down triremes with a destroyer, I see quite often,
> > that my ship is a little bit damaged during fight, but immediately
> > after the fight it is not damaged any more, and has 30/30 HP.
> >
> > So, either the fight display is buggy (showing a partly red - ah,
> > how do you call it - - you know what I mean, that little thing in the
> > icon
> > ...) or the HP computation is buggy.
> >
> > Reproducible, I guess. I see this, because I'm running ogg123 during
> > game
> > (guess what music :) which slows down things a lot; the bug may not be
> > visible with giga machines. (start some make -j 100 in background ;)
>
> A savegame would be helpful.

This will be not necessary. Just attack a weak ship with a strong one, and
you should see it after 1 to 3 attempts. Watch the icon of your ship
carefully and you see part of the red beam appear and disappear.

It depends on how fast your machine is. Duration here is about 0.5 seconds.
Slow down your machine if necessary.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/