Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4561) track the overview location statically

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4561) track the overview location statically
From: "Jason Short" <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:33:55 -0700

The attached patch changes the time when the overview window location is
calculated.  Instead of recalculating it each time, we only change it when
center_tile_mapcanvas is called.

Mostly this is a cleanup.  It does reduce the number of times this code is
executed, but this is insignificant.  It cuts out a little bit of wrapper
code.  Finally, it potentially allows the overview to be recentered a
little more intelligently - for instance we could try recentering only when
necessary.

As before, gui-mui and gui-sdl do not use the mapview_common overview
functions.  All other GUIs are supported.

jason