Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3589) Add nations

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3589) Add nations
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:04:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Bursig Rafal wrote:
> Please remove all fantasy nations (Hobbits, Elves, Gondors, etc) from
> default rulesets. There should be other ruleset only for those nations.
>
> Default ruleset should contains only real or historical nations...

Why?

AFAICT, the Mordor and Dunedain nations are the most popular of all
nations.

Personally I don't like the way Freeciv nations become more and more
"modern". You are supposed to play a _civilization_, not a modern day
invention like the nation state. So I consistently pick ancient or fantasy
nations when I play.

  - Per