Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4405) Patch : Legendary units

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4405) Patch : Legendary units
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:10:37 -0700

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Guest wrote:
> This patch allows creation of legendary units, which may be created only
> once (like wonders). It was tested on the Jun 10 CVS tree.
>
> To make an unit legendar, you just need to add a field
> legendary = 1
> in [unit_*] (units.ruleset)

I have already made a patch that does this, using unit flags and without
adding any new packets. (I guess your patch is slightly faster, however.)

See http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1324

Mike wanted to delay this patch until after unit effects are in cvs. I
still think that is unnecessary but I leave the decision up to him.

  - Per